Saturday, April 19, 2014

Best Things Come in Speaking Up


Making the speech is exhausting, in  some ways. I made a huge revamp on my speech halfway. I didn’t really memorize it though. I chose ‘Teenage Smoking’ as my topic maybe because my lungs are allergic to smoke and many other things. As I made my speech, I learned a couple of things about cigarettes. I actually enjoyed making the speech.


Preparing for the fest is gruesome, tiring, and exhausting. Insert any word and that will do. Halfway, I revamped my speech, and some people were not happy about it. Of course, my effort was not useless. Ms Vilma actually liked the speech. What displayed here on the blog is an archetype. What I used for the speech is different.

On the D-day, I was nervous - really really nervous. My body was shaking. My mind was fuzzy. But, I still spoke. I couldnt fail now.  I think I did a good enough, but not satisfactory. In events like this, I still needed to do better. It’s still a good experience anyway.

My speech was already good enough, but I didn’t speak good enough. This is my weakness. I still need to train harder.

Based on the result, around 40% liked the way we spoke because it’s clear. They also liked the way we emphasized things. The topics also made a big impact, and they learned alot of things from our speeches. Someone also said that we spoke like professionals.

Mr. Josh, our EFL Teacher made a power-point presentation of our speech. That captured the attention of the audience, and some people may also liked that.

We chose our topics mostly from the concerns of the society like smoking, drugs, pop icon, and preserving our tradition, etc. The audience said that we chose good topics, and they learned a lot of things from us.  The topics are really informative, and it made me happy to see that we may change somebody’s life by doing this speech.

Not only the audience, we also learn new things. I found out new things about cigarettes when I researched about my topic.

Nobody commented on our appearance, but I don’t think we looked ridiculous. The audience also liked our confidence. Of course, we trained really hard for this.

Of course, not all of us did good. Some people didn’t live up to the expectation.



( By : Rambo - Robin )

1 comment: